- Fees (Malaysian students)
RM 46,220RM 38,354 30% OFF *
- Fees (International students)
USD 11,875USD 10,041 30% OFF *
- Course Length
- 2 years
- January, March, May, September
- About the course
This Diploma in International Hotel Management, provides students with a solid foundation in hospitality studies before progressing onto a degree course.
With a syllabus that strikes the perfect balance between theoretical and practical aspects of management in the hospitality industry, students receive a transformative experience where they attend seminars and classes by lecturers who hail from all over the world.
Students will study hospitality-specific modules such as Front Office Management, Food Production, Housekeeping Management along with general business subject areas. These modules give a detailed insight and understanding of the international hospitality industry, both through their practical skills training sessions and management studies.
In this programme, students also have the option of obtaining a parchment from IMI International Management Institute, Switzerland.*The 30% bursary is applicable to the tuition fee component only.
- Entry Requirements
- SPM / GCE 'O' Level : Pass with min. 3 Credits;
- UEC: Min. 3 Credits;
- Any other qualifications deemed equivalent by the Ministry of Education, Malaysia (or as stated in the Document Senarai Nilai Taraf Kelayakan Akademik, Malaysian Qualifications Agency): Pass (Subject to review and approval of certified transcripts);
English Language Requirement
- Pass (SPM / 1119 / UEC / O Levels examination)
- Band 5.5 in IELTS; or a score of 196 (computer-based) or 69 (internet-based); or 525 (paper-based) in TOEFL
- Beverage Studies
- Dining Room Service
- Food Nutrition
- Front Office Management
- Hospitality & Tourism Geography
- Housekeeping Management
- Introduction to Food Production
- Introduction to Patisserie Skills
- Menu Design & Development
- Tertiary English 1
- The Hospitality Industry
- Cultural Studies
- Financial Management for Hospitality & Tourism
- Food & Beverage Costing
- Hospitality Entrepreneurship
- Hospitality Information Technology
- Introductory French
- Marketing & E-Commerce for Hospitality & Tourism
- Management of Food & Beverage Project
- Supervision for the Hospitality Industry
- Tertiary English 2
- Industrial Placement
- Co-Curricular Activities and Community
- Malaysia Culture and Life
- Pengajian Malaysia 2 (Malaysian Students)
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1 (International Students)
- Personal Development Planning
*Bahasa Kebangsaan A is compulsory for all Malaysian students:
- without a credit in SPM Bahasa Malaysia.
- without SPM Bahasa Malaysia (applicable to students from UEC, O Level, or other equivalent programmes).